Public building has a Display Energy Certificate



These Certificates provide an 'Operational Rating' for a building and are based on the energy consumed and a government benchmark for the type of building.

Energy Readings from meters, (eg, for gas, electricity, oil) are required to be able to calculate the energy consumed for heating, lighting and ventilation of the building.

The DEC should be clearly displayed in colour and in  A3 format at all times, and clearly visible to the public. A DEC is always accompanied by an Advisory Report that lists cost effective measures to improve the energy rating of the building.


The requirement for Display Energy Certificates came into effect on 1st October 2008

If you want to get in touch, call 07929 242 353 or email  

Display Energy Certificates are only required for buildings with a total useful floor area over 1,000m2 that are occupied by a public authority and institution providing a public service to a large number of persons and therefore visited by those persons. They are valid for one year. The accompanying Advisory Report is valid for seven years.


If you require a quote for a DEC use our Contact us  page. Or telephone, 07929 242 353 advice is free and we're here to help. 


Public Authority Building has a Display Energy Certificate